Tuesday 1 April 2014

Changing towards happiness

I'm going to write about happiness again, but this time it's personal.

I feel that I'm happy here... what did it take? Well, going through depression (both for me and Ruben); travelling around; being really sick for 1 month; changing a job, and getting a cat :)

The path was not easy... it took some time and a lot of nerves and doubts. But now I finally:

- LOVE what i do for living. I finally unlocked myself, and everything thanks to the fact that i was not scared to risk, to let it go, to quit. I was open for a discovery, a new challenge, a way to redefine myself. And all these found me. I got not only a new job which fulfills me completely, but a great boss who is truly a life and work coach to me.

- MEET interesting people and enjoy their company; but at the same time try to avoid those who drain my energy. I can't say I have a 'best-friend-forever' here, it may or may not come, but I did clarify for myself which type of people I want to be with.

- FEEL AT HOME. Well it may not be a 'home, sweet home' feeling. But since we have got our kitten Nalatje, I almost run to get home. Because I know that this sweet cat will be waiting for me there and desperately cry of happiness when I come in (and the next moment she will go completely nuts and jump into my plate with pasta... That's a different story though :) )

- COPE with the difficulties of living in Yangon. The heat, broken pavements, lack of any kind of comfort or etiquette... This all is not so sharp for my eye anymore. I stoped noticing certain things that disgusted me so much in the beginning.

- STARTED to enjoy being different. The way I look, the country where I'm from, the languages I speak... It is all rare and different here. I don't feel self conscious anymore about the way people stare at me and what they may say ('She is so pretty!') There were moments I wanted to be like any other Burmese girls to avoid attention. Now I understand that I DO have a privilege to be different in the way people admire me. Let's see where it will bring me.

- AM AT PEACE because Ruben is finally finding solutions for all the work-related difficulties he has got. I wish that he will enjoy his life here as much as he can. I am sure he will :*

But I must admit, that Myanmar is the most unusual place I lived so far and it I'm definitely going through the life-changing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment