Sunday 10 November 2013

Con's of living abroad

It is my 5th year living abroad.

There are pro's and con's of being so far from home - I do miss my parents a lot. I sometimes think what if something bad happens and I can't be there for them as fast as I want?

So today I was just going to casually Skype with my parents since I didn't do that for the last couple of days and they were also surprisingly quiet. I finally caught my mom online and then she says that 2 days ago she broke her wrist. And it can be quite serious.

And then I just think WTF? Why didn't tell this to me immediately? But then I imagine the pain she went through and I start crying and all that...

But that's not the point. The point is that I'm not THERE to hug her, to comfort, to take care and help her while she is recovering. I can't do a thing from here. I just can tell some nice words which I hope help her in a way. 

Sometimes I feel like giving up, going back to my old small town to live a boring (maybe) life, but being close to my mom and dad. 

Value the people you love and show it every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment